Saturday, August 9, 2008

Life in Pittsburgh

Ok, so I finally moved to Pittsburgh.  After months and months of waiting, it happened!  Hoorah!  I left Kansas almost 2 weeks ago and the moving company is finally bringing my belongings today.  No more sleeping on an air mattress in an empty apartment.  Dubya and my friends threw me a funeral before I left, which was fantastic.  I'll be adding a post later about an awesome game we play.  It deserves it's very own post!  I've been working out of hotel offices for the past week and will be doing so until the end of next month.  Then I'll finally get to move into our brand new building and my brand new office...can't wait.  

Shelly got me reading the most intense books of all time!  The Twilight series.  I'm almost embarrassed to say that I'm actually reading them because basically they are teenage romance novels.  Eek!  Shelly convinced me to read the first one "Twilight" because it was awesome.  I was very leery of this, because all in all I'm not a big reader.  I never have been.  In school I would buy the notes from the books so I wouldn't have to read them!  So, I read "Twilight" (about 500 pages) in about 3 days.  I couldn't believe it!  I got sucked in.  Then I decided that I HAD to read the next one to see what would happen.  I read New Moon (almost 600 pages) in 1 day!!!!  Seriously?!  I started Eclipse last night and read about a third of it.  I don't know what it is about these books that just lures me in, but I'm obsessed!  I'm sure there will be posts dedicated to these books.  The 4th book just came out and I can't wait to get it, and then she's writing a 5th as well!  I guess it's good that I have these books to obsess over because as of right now, I have no friends!  Boo!  

No comments: