Friday, October 10, 2008

Stuff and things

It's been quite a while since my last entry.  Work is keeping me extremely busy.  Our doors open for business 2 weeks from today and I can't wait for life to get back to normal.  Nothing too exciting has been happening, just coming home from work and falling asleep while watching CNN.  Which brings me to the purpose of this blog.  Typically, I'm not too intrigued by politics.  This year is an entirely different story.  We're in the middle of the 2008 election.  Obama and McCain are running against each other.  A couple of months ago, McCain named Sarah Palin as his running mate.  There is so much media attention in this race and it seems as though everyone has very strong opinions on who they think should be the next President of the U.S.  I've been tuned in on a regular basis to watch debates, updates, and interviews.  I'm still not sure why out of everyone that is capable, John McCain chose Sarah Palin as his VP candidate.  She has hardly any experience and doesn't have a very good track record.  When interviewed, she comes off as a complete idiot.  Some people love her and I'm confused as to why.  Some say that she seems like a good person and relates well to the country.  To me, a persons ability to help run a country isn't determined by me feeling comfortable having a cup of coffee with them.  I want someone who's going to get the job done and not be afraid to stand up for what is right.  I believe that some don't support Obama because he's black and some don't support him because he's very intelligent.  When he speaks, he's articulate.  Our country isn't necessarily accustomed to having a President that can complete an intelligent sentence, since the past 8 years have been filled with mindless drivel and idiotic comments.  I could go on and on about my beliefs this year, but it only gets me fired up.  Election day is next month and I can't wait to see the outcome!

No comments: